Senior UE Generalist
You’re a Senior UE Generalist, passionate about 3D and virtual solutions. You will join a team of 3D Artists and UE Generalists who will work together on a series of Unreal Engine based projects. These projects are of high-quality standards, visually and technically, requiring deep knowledge technically but also creative vision.
Some of your daily responsibilities might include:
- Preparation and evaluation of virtual projects in Unreal Engine 4 (UE4)
- Optimizing scenes, materials, LOD’s
- Modeling the assets to be used in the UE4 scenes
- Assembling the Unreal Engine 4 scenes using the assets, according to the concept
- Setting up the camera and lights according to the script and storyboard
- Refining textures and lighting
- Sharing of knowledge in technical parts of using UE4
- Creative direction and composition for individual scenes, within the guides established by lead creatives of a project
- Foresee and plan around possible problems a project might encounter
Is this you?
To succeed in this role, you have…
- Solid understanding of lighting, rendering, post-process, material setup, Blueprints, and general workflows inside UE4
- Knowledge of 3D modeling software with a core understanding of the inner workings of the tool
- Understanding of animation pipelines, incl. character and environment setups
- Understanding of PBR Materials, Shaders, Textures
- Understanding the basics of photography and videography
- Ability to work in a team with people from different backgrounds
- Motivation to improve constantly (you welcome feedback and want to learn from others)
ZOAN is a virtual reality studio based in Helsinki, Finland. We have lived alongside the evolution of the virtual realm to connect the latest technologies with high-quality graphics. We are 3D modelers, UE artists, producers, VFX experts, and storytellers.
We serve global brands, municipalities, cultural institutions, and startups to step beyond the physical boundaries. Our work is done at the intersection of creativity, technology, arts, culture, and design to create impactful experiences.
We are trusted partners in virtual production, computer-generated graphic design, and distilling these into seamless interactive experiences to shift the paradigm. Our projects include creating virtual events, worlds, and content accessible with the most used interfaces.
Our team is a diverse group of talented individuals who share a passion to work on extraordinary and versatile projects. We have pushed the boundaries to bridge the gap between real and virtual worlds for 12 years now. We embrace the unknown to extend the reality.
Why join the team? The highlights include:
- Responsibilities in challenging projects from day one, getting to create experiences that matters and pioneering with international clients
- An environment of learning – both through projects and together with our talented colleagues
- We are in a growth phase which means you get to make an impact and grow together with the company
- Flat hierarchy and freedom to design your own work
- International atmosphere – we have team members from different backgrounds and nationalities
- Flexible and remote work possibilities – we don’t have a requirement to be at the office after COVID. If you prefer, we have a centrally located office in Helsinki (Bulevardi 1).
If you have any further questions about the role or ZOAN, feel free to reach out at: email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications coming in via email. Please submit your application via our recruitment form.