Senior UE Programmer
You will be working hand -in-hand with our Designers, Unreal programmers and Producers, in the development of a photorealistic multiplayer project that is accessible via any device using pixel streaming. You will be responsible for the implementation of key features as well as solving important technical challenges throughout development.
Pixel streaming enables high-end PC performance on the browser with a combination of local or virtual PCs running the game/project in a game engine (Unreal Engine) and streaming it to the web (WebRTC). Our project has been designed as a scalable solution, so the deployment and scaling will happen in virtual machines on the cloud.
Is this you?
You have extensive experience working on multiplayer applications within Unreal Engine, managing server infrastructure and game-as-service features.
You have 5+ years of experience with the following technologies:
- Background in Software Engineering, Unreal Development or other relevant role
- Understanding of modern C/ C++/Blueprints
- Unreal Engine (able to work independently or in collaboration with other developers)
- Strong C++ and blueprinting skills in Unreal Engine 4
- Ability to take light designs and communicate in order to flesh out a full implementation
- Data structures, logic and algorithm skills
- Understanding of vector math
- Experience working with client/server architecture
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization
- High level of comfort extending and improving upon an existing code base
- Profiling and optimization
- Plugin integration, integration of innovative 3rd party systems
Nice to have:
- Interest towards pixel streaming, Web3, or Metaverse
- Experience with VR or AR
- Experience with WebRTC, Node.js or backend architecture
- Experience of integration of non-native C++ modules to Unreal Engine
To succeed in the team…
- You are solution-oriented and resourceful (you enjoy problem-solving, you have a passion for developing new solutions and creating innovative products)
- You have great collaboration skills (you are willing to share knowledge and help others within the team, but know also to ask for help when you need it)
- You are a fluent communicator in English
ZOAN is a virtual reality studio based in Helsinki, Finland. We have lived alongside the evolution of the virtual realm to connect the latest technologies with high-quality graphics. We are 3D modelers, UE artists, producers, VFX experts, and storytellers.
We serve global brands, municipalities, cultural institutions, and startups to step beyond the physical boundaries. Our work is done at the intersection of creativity, technology, arts, culture, and design to create impactful experiences.
We are trusted partners in virtual production, computer-generated graphic design, and distilling these into seamless interactive experiences to shift the paradigm. Our projects include creating virtual events, worlds, and content accessible with the most used interfaces.
Our team is a diverse group of talented individuals who share a passion to work on extraordinary and versatile projects. We have pushed the boundaries to bridge the gap between real and virtual worlds for 12 years now. We embrace the unknown to extend the reality.
Why join the team? The highlights include:
- Responsibilities in challenging projects from day one, getting to create experiences that matters and pioneering with international clients
- An environment of learning – both through projects and together with our talented colleagues
- We are in a growth phase which means you get to make an impact and grow together with the company
- Flat hierarchy and freedom to design your own work
- International atmosphere – we have team members from different backgrounds and nationalities
- Flexible and remote work possibilities – we don’t have a requirement to be at the office after COVID. If you prefer, we have a centrally located office in Helsinki (Bulevardi 1).
- If you are not located in Finland but would love to take the leap and relocate, we are able to offer relocation assistance after a remote trial period
If you have any further questions about the role or ZOAN, feel free to reach out at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications coming in via email. Please submit your application via our recruitment form.